We are seeking a person experienced in the repair and maintenance of small engines and outdoor power equipment to become our new Maintenance Manager.
Find and apply on Seek by clicking here
Horowhenua Hire has been the leader of the equipment hire industry in the region for a number of years. We supply construction machinery, farm and garden equipment, trailers, access equipment, compaction, generators, pumps, and an ever expanding fleet of portable toilets. We have a small, efficient, friendly and professional team located along the main street of Levin, with a large yard and off street parking. There is an on site workshop, where we are able to conduct most of the repairs, servicing, welding, and electrical testing of our range of equipment.
Qualifications & experience
- New Zealand Certificate in Outdoor Power Equipment (or equivalent), OR at least 10 years experience in the industry
- The ability to diagnose and repair 2-stroke and 4-stroke small engines.
- Physically fit, to handle some of the heavier items of equipment
- Ability to work unsupervised, and as part of a team
- A professional attitude, positive outlook, and good personal and phone communication skills are essential
- A full Class 1 drivers licence
- A bonus would be experience in diesels, hydraulic systems, wheel bearings and brakes, mig welding
Tasks & responsibilities
- Repair and maintenance of company assets
- Organise and conduct preventative maintenance
- Supervision of competent and mature adult apprentices conducting a NZ Certificate in Outdoor Power Equipment
- Take ownership and responsibility of the workshop
- Working with the Store Manager to prioritise equipment repair to suit business requirements
- Provide advice to staff and customers on technical matters
- We will provide all training for the right candidate including: WTR endorsement, DG endorsement, F endorsement, Elevated Working Platform licencing, First Aid certification, and others
- Professional development NZQA courses related to the business are encourage